PDS Tech Inc Designated Quality Rep in Tallassee, Alabama
Performs diversified and complex tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection tasks, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of composite components and assemblies, bonded parts and other miscellaneous accessories
• Inspects composite components and assemblies according to defined criteria and customer drawings/specifications, as required.
• Performs part verification in regard to locations, parallelism, height, angles and shapes using precision measuring equipment such as general gages, height gages, calipers, scales, and micrometers.
• Trains, conducts and documents weekly audits to ensure basic system requirements are met.
• Trains inspection personnel on inspection methods and customer specifications.
• Accurately documents results of inspections and testing per program criteria.
• Effectively communicates non-conformances in writing and verbally.
• Maintains all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitors critical equipment, tooling and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
• Performs review of records and other documentation for compliance to established procedures and good documentation practices.
• Works with production, quality and engineering team members to provide feedback regarding accuracy of inspection methods.
• Evaluates problems and makes initial recommendations for possible corrective action to fellow value stream team members.
• Supports engineering and value stream teams in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
• Supports the development of inspection methods and manufacturing overtime schedules.
• Works with all departments to improve quality of products and assist in translation of results.
• Generates non-conforming material reports per customer specifications and company procedures.
• Performs duties specific to customer agent/representative duties as assigned:
• Complies with/and audits company safety, environmental and continuous improvement policies.
• Performs additional duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES: Note: Skills will be assessed.
• High school diploma or GED required; technical school diploma preferred.
• Five (5) plus years experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality inspection required.
• Minimum of three (3) years in quality control required. Composite layup/assembly experience preferred.
• Experience with measuring instruments (scales, micrometers, calipers, etc.)
• Hands on experience in training others and leading problem solving efforts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Working with knowledge of AS9102 process and performing First Article Inspection (FAI).
• Working knowledge of FAA Conformity, Control Plans and PFMEA preferred.
• Working knowledge of Problem Solving techniques, Lean Manufacturing, and CI.
• Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, manufacturing sketches and customer specifications.
• Reading and following detailed work in specifications.
• Basic arithmetic (using decimals, etc.) to understand tolerance.
• Manufacturing processes and operations.
• Documenting information for further evaluation.
REQUIRED SKILL IN:
• Presenting and delivering information effectively.
• Reading and following detailed work instructions.
• Making independent judgments and decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Operating a personal computer with proficiency in related technical and specialized software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, outside vendors, and other teams.
• Supporting manufacturing schedules.
• Working as individual contributor as well as part of a team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.