GKN Controller in Tallassee, Alabama
Country: United States
Work Location: Tallassee
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
What you’ll do
The Controller provides leadership and oversight of all accounting and controls related requirements for the Alabama site along with shared services accounting and controls for 4 additional sites. This position is a key member of the Alabama team and plays an active role in advising leadership at the facility and interfacing with the parent entity. The Controller leads the accounting function, including general ledger, fixed assets, labor reporting, compliance with IFRS and Government Accounting rules, and interface with internal and external auditors and Government Accounting auditing groups including DCMA disclosure statement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of accounting professionals
• Develop accounting team to provide all employees opportunity for growth and development
• Responsible for the development, implementation and control of systems and records for accurate reporting and recording of financial information.
• Establish accounting procedures and controls to ensure transactions are properly recorded and to safeguard company assets.
• Establish and maintain internal accounting controls to verify the accuracy in computations, proper support in classification and recording of all transactions.
• Provide strong leadership to operating teams to ensure established controls are well-understood and followed.
• Provide accounting policy interpretation and guidance to the accounting and operating teams. Includes the preparation of accounting position papers.
• Control the general ledger to ensure that all invoices, cash receipts, invoice adjustments and general ledger transactions are properly documented and recorded.
• Ensure Disclosure Statement accurately reflects accounting practices and ensures compliance with Disclosure Statement.
• Leads Internal Audit, external audit, DCAA, DCMA, GRiP reviews, and balance sheet reviews for all applicable sites.
• Develop solutions to complex business issues encountered within the businesses.
• Direct special projects comprised of cross functional teams as needed.
• Ensure business unit compliance with GKN Aerospace Services Alabama policies and procedures as well as those of GKN plc, IFRS, and other applicable guidelines.
• Provide key decision makers support and analysis to make informed decision.
• Manage, educate, and mentor staff / team of professionals.
• Create an atmosphere where people are engaged, rewarded for progress, and share a strong sense of ownership of the organization.
• Lead the monthly closing process to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
7 years of experience in accounting or controllership
4 years of management experience
1 years Cost and inventory experience in a manufacturing environment
• Manufacturing experience
• Ability to manage cross functional teams
• Business acumen and understanding of business operations
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Unquestioned business ethics, honesty, and integrity
• Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
• CPA preferred
• Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite
• Prefer candidates with Government Accounting experience
• Strong organizational skills and process adherence skills
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.