Alamo Group Inc. Regional Sales Manager in Selma, Alabama
Bush Hog, Inc. is currently recruiting for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to join the Bush Hog Team in Selma, Alabama.
Bush Hog, Inc., a member of the Alamo Group family of companies, is the leading North American manufacturer of rotary cutters, finishing mowers, landscape tools, and tractor-mounted implements used in the agricultural market. Located in Selma, Alabama for over 65 years, Bush Hog's products have earned an enviable reputation for their ruggedness and durability in the most challenging work environments
Bush Hog is one of the most recognized and successful names in the Agricultural Market.
The Regional Sales Manager is a key position in the company and will support and contribute to the company goals of profitability, return on investment, inventory turnover, and accident prevention. This position will have complete focus on the development and success of the Bush Hog agricultural line within their given region. Key areas of responsibility will be the achievement of assigned sales goals, new dealer recruitment within the agricultural channel, new product placement and market share gains within the assigned states. Under moderate direction, maintains responsibility for all activities within the field sales team. Maintains contact and interaction with turf sales reps, dealers and internal personnel to coordinate activities to obtain maximum sales volume within planned profit margins. Provides and leads agricultural product training of all sales personnel in their region for flow back industry and marketing data from customers and competitive conditions in the field. Maintains awareness of factors influencing sales opportunities and plans accordingly within the segment. Assists in providing sales forecasts as required for adequate forward inventory to ensure proper sales and service. Assists the credit department and field sales to ensure current collection of accounts receivables.
Core Competencies for this position include:
- Leading Change/Change Management
- Leading People/Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Builds, maintains and directs an efficient, motivated, well-trained and effective regional field sales organization. Supervises the formation and maintenance of an adequate recruitment, hiring, training and development program for sales personnel.
- Develops and recommends for approval, policies and programs relating to size and type of sales organization and sales objectives by product and geographical area.
- Executes sales programs in accordance with approved policies. Informs management of significant sales developments affecting the Company. Interprets Company policy in connection with questions arising in the field and guides TSMs (Territory Sales Managers) on matters beyond their authority and experience.
- Develops and assigns sales objectives to sales territories. Periodically evaluates territory performance and takes necessary steps to bring results in line with objectives. Approves travel and selling expenses of TSMs and departmental staff, reviews related reports and institutes remedial action when policies are violated.
- Participates in the annual sales meeting for the purpose of educating, training and stimulating the sales organization. Conducts and participates in customer meeting and trade shows as required.
- Assists in the preparation of advertising and promotion programs. Supervises the execution of such programs by sales personnel. Supervises the preparation and interpretation of reports regarding sales and markets and compares sales forecasts with actual and sales plans or quotas.
- Travels in the field calling on present and prospective customers in conjunction with field sales staff to assist as needed and train them in product knowledge and effective sales techniques. Consults and supervises TSMs as needed/requires.
- Participates in development of Company sales and growth plans, identifies opportunities, risks and problems related to all Company activities and recommends actions and solutions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, both verbal and written. Good grammar usage and persuasive skills. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize own work schedule and that of subordinates/sales force.
- Able to travel frequently to various territories and/or dealer sites. Must have an insurable driving record.
- Able to work overtime as needed to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to motivate and instill confidence in others through strong leadership skills and positive thinking.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales or Business required.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years previous sales/marketing experience, preferably in an agricultural or industrial market.
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience required.
- General office/ manufacturing plant environment.
- Exposure to the outdoors climates in traveling to customers, dealers, trade shows, promotions etc.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull trade show displays (up to 50 lbs) alone or with assistance.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, based on job duty.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled