Volt Workforce Solutions Software Engineer in Montgomery, Alabama
Software Engineer in Montgomery, AL at Volt
Date Posted: 4/22/2018
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Montgomery, AL
Job Type: Software Engineering
Duration: 24 weeks
Date Posted: 4/22/2018
Job ID: 97504
Contact Name Volt Branch
Volt is seeking an Operational Software Engineer for our customer in Montgomery, AL.
Job Summary: Perform design, programming, documentation, and implementation of applications that require knowledge of information systems and related systems concepts for effective development and deployment of OnBase software. Participate in all phases of software development with emphasis on the design, coding, testing, documentation, and acceptance phases. Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation..
Required: Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (or related field), or equivalent experience.
Required: Experience in developing using Windows stack technologies. C# scripting, software development
Required: U.S. Citizenship; Secret Security Clearance.
Desired: Knowledge of information security policy and security standards including knowledge of cybersecurity procedures and potential responses cybersecurity threats such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, command injection, etc.
Desired: DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification
Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification: GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CCNA-Security, Security+ (Preferred).
Critical Job Elements:
1. Make software changes to program OnBase source code as required to be compatible with the Microsoft Standard Desktop Configuration requirements.
2. Accomplish software changes to OnBase source code as required.
3. Develop and maintain OnBase software utilizing windows stack technologies.
4. Asssit customer in defining requirements as needed and provide a technical soluition after receipt of requirement.
5. Provide technical advise in the proper analysis, testing, implementation and maintenance of OnBase software application.
Other Major Responsibilities:
1. Produce a monthly activity report:
1. NLT the 5th Day of new month
2. Document the status of the area of responsibility; identify issues and highlight concerns and risks
2. Work with customers to formulate and define improved processes that benefit OnBase software development.
1. Provide advanced technical expertise required to support and develop the skills of less experienced team members.
2. Develop/maintain an electronic Continuity Folder for assigned tasks. Provide updated version to the PM when requested.
3. Provide other reports as required in support of the critical responsibilities above.
4. Interact with other team members to accomplish task-related activities in a professional manner that reflects a positive image.
5. Directed Travel: If travel is required, submit Expense reports, receipts, and the trip report within 4 business days after returning from the trip.
Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
We're hiring right now. Learn more at jobs.volt.com at http://jobs.volt.com/
Volt Military Heroes helps American military personnel find jobs. http://www.facebook.com/VoltMilitary
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.