Cumuls Broadcasting Promotions Director in Montgomery, Alabama
Cumulus Media | Montgomery is hiring a full time Promotions Director to work with Digital, Sales and Programming departments to develop and execute successful promotional concepts for Cumulus Savannah station(s) that meet with our ratings and revenue objectives.
Cumulus Media Montgomery is home to six of Central Alabama’s favorite radio stations – WHHY (Y102), WXFX (95.1 The Fox), WLWI-FM (I92), WMXS (Mix103), WMSP (SportsRadio740), WLWI-AM (NewsRadio1440). At Cumulus Montgomery we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 447 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
- Schedules daily on air contesting and features. This includes working with AE’s to slot client copy, secure airchecks, etc. Generates rules for new contests as needed. Secures prizes for promotional giveaways.
- Writes and schedules on air promos. Responsible for incorporating client content as sold.
- Creates copy for station(s) contests and features, including pages dedicated to partnership programming/promotions.
- Creates content for station(s) website to ensure the website reflects station brand in a positive and relevant manner. This includes additional media (i.e. photos, video, as needed.)
- Writes weekly email to station(s) database ensuring station and client content is included, as promised and scheduled.
- Assists in the development and execution of major station events/campaigns including contesting, sponsor/client coordination, event logistics, hospitality, production, etc.
- Collaborates with Account Executives to coordinate client promotions. Joins sales calls with AE’s as needed
- Attends evening and weekend station events include client appearances, concerts, etc., as needed
- Works with Promotion/Sales/Programming departments to develop successful promotional concepts for station
- Answers incoming station(s) listener email and respond to listeners’ requests, concerns, etc.
- Attends weekly strategy meetings
What we offer**
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
- Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
- Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees.
- Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at http://www.cumulus.com/careers/.
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Montgomery, AL